Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wow...who tabs some of these songs?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I'm not good enough to play by ear yet and I can't afford those music books, so I thought I would check out some of the tabs on the tabs archive here.

Can't some of these tab places PLEASE post song tabs how they are actually suppose to be played? Sometimes I think they are tabbing a totally different song then what they are suppose to be. They are horrible, who wants to learn how to play songs the wrong way?

I don't know, what gives?

2. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    Tabs are usually written for beginners by near-beginners. Do a Google for Power Tab software- I've found that power tabs are much more likely to be accurate, or at least not dead wrong.

3. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    I never thought the tabs were very good on TB. TB should have a mirror of MXTabs, which is the best IMO, and what you should go to ( http://www.mxtabs.net ).

4. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Thanks, i will check into that place.

I don't really expect tabs to be dead on, but some of the ones here are just ridicules.

5. This is why I stopped using tabs. Spent most of my time listening and trying to play by ear anyways, since the tabs were always all over the place.

I agree with Stephen about www.mxtabs.net . That is a really good place for tabs that are correct, since they have a rating system. So if you find tabs with 5 stars, it's normally spot-on.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, me too. When I come across something I can't quite figure out, I will check a few tab sites to try and get an idea. They are often times inaccurate, but other times they help me get started. I use online tabs as a point of reference now, not as an authority.

Oh yeah, I got a free ticket when this baby rolls outta here to the right forum. WooHoo!

-Mike

7. I am emmbarrassed at some of the tabs i've seen. It annoys me in the fact that there are learners out there trying to learn off tabs, and get confused by inferior sub standard tabs.
    Save yourself stomach ulcers and transpose them yourself, or learn notation.

8. odie

odie Supporting Member

Well lets see here...why are you posting in OT?? This is about Tabs right?! Ok...

9. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    powertabs.net is pretty good..u can actually listen to the song..and it shows u when to play.

10. ydragill

ydragill

Mar 27, 2004
    If you liked powertabs U just got to check marmamusic the best bass software I've ever seen

11. CrazyArcher

CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Israel
    That's just not true! GuitarPro tabs are amazing! (not all of them, of course). Sometimes I can't even guess how some solos are tabbed.