1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wow.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scott D, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I got a Lakland yesterday... A 55-01 in Cherryburst. Maple F/B. I'll post pics later.

I really had some time to kill today, so I gave this thing a killer low setup, and jammed with it. It's got a sound I used to hate, but I really love it now. Any sound this thing makes is perfect. I really hope this isn't the "WOW" period in having a new bass... I just haven't seen any gripes i have with it. It plays beautifully, low action, no fretbuzz, lots of tension, which is EXACTLY the way I like it. The Fishman Pre is really versatile, and has a huge range of sounds. I jammed with it in 2 situations today, and it sat PERFECT in the mix. It's got a great "Not so trebly, but defined/not muddy" sound to it that I absoultely love. I would recommend this thing to absoultely everyone. Does anyone else feel this way about their Laklands?

2. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Yup! :hyper:

3. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Congrats on the new bass.

But the rules specifically state that pics must be present in a
    "I got a new bass" thread.

4. dedmyers

dedmyers

Dec 23, 2003
    Tennessee
    Congrats,
    I actually liked the sound of my 55-01 (natural) better than the 55-02 I played.

Best bass for the $ IMHO.

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member