Wow

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tgriley62, Sep 13, 2018.

1. tgriley62

tgriley62

Jan 25, 2011
    S.E. Mo
    I'm a constant pawn shop visitor & yesterday as my wife was at a regular doctors appointment out of town I hit the few pawn shops in the area. I saw my very first Peavey T-60 guitar in gorgeous natural wood finish priced at $299, I assume that is a good price. Anyway hanging on the wall was a Squire jazz bass in my favorite color white with a black pick guard but, it had block inlays and a maple neck. I have only seen block inlays in photos on the web but, wow it looked totally different & beautiful in person. It was also marked $299. If I only had $300 at the time. But, here is my actual reason for posting, there was a Fender jazz that stated it was a Mexican made for $399 & I noticed that there were no type of serial number anywhere on the back of the headstock. I know that Fender puts a serial number in the neck pocket & I know Fenders are one of if not the most counterfeited bass's so is it a red flag not to have some type of serial number on the headstock.

Thanks

2. Bass Man Dan

Bass Man Dan Endorsing Artist: Ned Flanders' Bass-a-Reeno

Oct 20, 2017
    Cincinnati
    I enjoyed your impressions of the basses you saw. Did you get any pics of any of them?

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021