Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wow....

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by bassman blue, Mar 1, 2006.

1. A G&L forum... awesome.

2. I really should pay more attention to these forums. :ninja:

3. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Mine:

[​IMG]

4. I'll be posting pictures here in a month or so when my L2k comes in. Honey, Ash body with maple fretboard and neck. Gun Oil Tint or GOT. I won't be the only one either. I can't wait.

5. Whats up with the backwards lefty, Lug?

6. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    I'm kind of a backwards guy! (actually, I'm a lefty that learned on righty basses). G&L actually built this bass this way. :D

7. DigthemLows

DigthemLows

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    [​IMG]
    At a Buddy Holly Tribute Show
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't own all of these anymore. I do still have the SB1 and the L1000.

8. Now thats what we need. More of that.

9. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Here is my old L2500. I should have never gotten rid of it. I really,really miss it. I will have another L2500 someday but chances of getting an earlier 4+1 headstock will be slim.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    G&L is like the mystery bass. THey seem to have a low profile, but planety of people play them or have owned them, myself included.:bassist:

11. PeppermanL2K

PeppermanL2K ...and on the 8th day, God created the Habanero.

Feb 3, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    I'm glad to see more G&L discussion and, quite frankly, good reviews from almost everyone that has tried one here! :)

12. I don't own one & never have(yet;) ), but the few I've played were nice. Any comments on fretless G&Ls? Dave Pomeroy makes his 4 sing on Oteil's Bassday video, but I'm more interested in a 5.

13. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

This is a nice addition to www.talkbass.com , I am really looking foward to getting my Custom Ordered Semi Hollow ASAT in early April. :hyper: :bassist:

14. Here is my current lineup of G&L, still looking for a 2500 with a good B string sound!

G&L-pics.jpg

15. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    If you want a G&L with a good B string sound check out an L-5000 - awesome B!

16. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    That's for sure. I used to have one and the low B growled like a mad dog. One of the many basses I wish I would have held on to. If I ever find a picture of my old L5000 I'll post it.

17. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL

Do you find the tone of the SB1 and the L1K to be different enought o justify owning both? I am only asking because I have an SB1 and I currently am looking to add an L1K to the collection.

18. I played an L5000 before I decided on my FBB, and I have to say that it had a pretty nice low B. I think you could take that bass to just about any gig and do well with it.

19. DigthemLows

DigthemLows

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    Completely. The L-1000 is more versatile and has a huge growl with the Bass Boost, while the SB1 is the ultimate Pbass. What I should do is settle for just owning the two basses because they cover alot of ground. But like everyone around I gas for other things as well.

20. HooBass

HooBass

May 27, 2003
    NC
    Dude, I think I am the current owner of that very bass -- either that or the one that came from the hunk of wood just before or after it. After seeing this pic a couple of days ago, I checked out the grain pattern on mine and it seems to match. I bought it from a fellow TBer a few months back.

You're right, it growls like crazy, which is exactly what I was looking for. Don't worry, it's got a great new home (i.e., I'm not looking to let it go).

HooBass