Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wow...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BigBohn, Dec 28, 2001.

1. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    I just played a new Ernie Ball MusicMan Stingray5 today, a red one with black pickguard, and it was a great experience. What have I been missing? The low B was taught and smooth. No buzz on any of the frets. Too bad it was $1270. Arggg, no money around now, but when I get some, oh boy, I'm on a Stingray5. Maybe thats what I'm missing in my sound. Great stuff this Ernie Ball, anyone else like em?

(I know alot of ppl like them and own their stuff already, I just feel like acting like a newbie :) )

2. Right now a MM Stingray 5 will be my next bass. I have a four already, and really like the sound and feel of both. Maybe I will order one so I can get the exact color that I want! If not enough money, then look for used, as there are deals to be had.

jtbp

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    MM5's are great basses. Even if you don't like them, you gotta give it up to them. They are BAD!

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yes, they are very nice basses. I wouldn't mind owning one of them some day, but for right now, there is too much else on my list of gotta-have's.:rolleyes:

And nothing else I have played/heard can nail the Stingray sound/tone like the Stingray.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Ryan, I'm with you. I plan on getting another one, but for now, there's too many other things ahead of it on my list.

6. Harpo

Harpo

Feb 1, 2001
    Kings Park NY
    Stingray 5 are great I love them they are IMOP not
    a one trick pony . And this is coming from a L-2000
    owner.