Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wow!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Davidoc, Feb 6, 2002.

1. I just listened to And Out Come the Wolves by rancid a few times over, and I was impressed.

Excellent album in my opinion. Very catchy, and just sounded really nice. The orchestration was beautiful. Everything fit together really well.

I was really impressed at how Freeman (the bassist) used mostly quarter notes on alot of the songs, and made it sound really good. (not too many non jazz players can do that)

What do you think?

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I've seen him play live at one of those summer tours that includes skateboarders and stunt byciclists, etc. He was fun to watch. I enjoyed Rancid, but the day was hotter than all get out. L7 played too. Remember them? I wonder whatever happened to them.

3. i listened to that album yesterday in the shower (dangerous activity if you like rancid as much as i do). actually i hadn't listened to that particular album in a while, forgot how much i loved it. i've played bass to "roots radicals" so many times i could do it in my sleep.