1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WOW

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Twiggy Jr., Sep 10, 2008.

1. Twiggy Jr.

Twiggy Jr.

Nov 17, 2005
    Oklahoma
    ok, to let you know, i want to put so much in here, but can't righ tnow....anyways, to make a long story short, my neighbor has a "greenday type original band" he wants me to bass for after hearing my play some originals and covers
    you know what, i'm drunk, i'll post the whole story llater
    i heard his song, played in dropped d, his "drummer"/"brother" won'[t even be here till next august
    all it is is dropped d
    g slide c, same ol', same ol', then c slide d
    i was llearning by following hinm, he was lilke "you can play the 3rd fret on the a string" and i said "i konw, i just like to follow you, then get the best/most efficient way for the song down on my own"/...then i acutally pulled off a dirnst fill, the exact way he did, and he goes "that sounds horrible"
    funny, since my fill were the exact same that dirsns'ts was
    man, i am drunk\
    and i wasn' twhen we were playing
    then he facebooked me
    "Hey dude, this is the best way to keep in touch without bothering eachothers schedules, so here goes! The "blah blah blahs" has alot of songs, so i'm gonna need to start making duedates for learning songs, just so we get this done in an efficient mannor, shouldnt be hard. So if you could have "blah of blah" down by this comming monday 9/15, that would be great, let me know what you think'
    blahs equal me covering the band....but a due date when the drummer won't even be her etilll next austust? funny thing is that so many people (from our outside jams) are knowing me as pretty solid...
    i dunno
    maybe i'm turning into a guuitard that plays the bass
    but i'll repost this tmw in a sober state of mind...and i'm sure i sound like a ICDK right now
    tool
    GO TWIGGY!
    j

2. Step

Step

Feb 20, 2008
    Maastricht
    funny story

3. dustdbass6

dustdbass6 Alembic User

Apr 24, 2007
    Livermore, California
    drunk talkbassing. Better than drunk dialing for sure.

4. or drunk driving.

Blesy Soul :cool:

5. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    Maybe if I polish off a handle of scotch and that will start to make sense.

6. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    :confused:

7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    :meh:

Pathetic.

8. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    If you can't really logically post then there's a good chance the playing you're thinking is excellent and your neighbor is critical of, may be less then 'best form'.

9. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I read your post and I think you should join the band. Good luck at the gig!

10. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Beer is good......................................................... sometimes.

11. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    Apparently he wasn't drunk when he was playing...but I'll assume its safe to say he was at least a little buzzed.

12. Twiggy Jr.

Twiggy Jr.

Nov 17, 2005
    Oklahoma
    re read, i'm sober when i play
    haha,that thread did make so much more sense last night
    i'll repost later, but for now it's off to classie class

13. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst

Jun 4, 2008
    ah classic

sooo the drummer is a control freak. Easier to just know the songs, or better yet just tell him to back off.

14. magickbass

magickbass Guest

May 24, 2008
    Wow, I read that original post twice and I still don't understand it. I give up.

15. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst

Jun 4, 2008

I think hes trying to say something about people setting him dates to learn songs when someone in the band wont be back for a while so he feels it doesnt matter. Or something. Maybe I just made it more confusing. oh well.

16. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Where's Alembicplyr's avatar when you need it?

Never post drunk :rollno:

It was fun to read though, kind of. :p

17. Classie class? Would that be with your droogs, and then to the Korova Milk Bar to fill your gulliver real horrowshow?

18. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Classie class was always my favorite at school.

19. lunker

lunker

May 27, 2008
    Houston
    Beer is good ALWAYS:spit: It just might not always be a good idea to to consume it though.

20. subscribed