Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wow!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChRiS bE, Jan 15, 2003.

1. looks kinda like a 2-tone red sunburst! hope that helps!! :rolleyes: :p

looks aight! never played one though... ;)

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I've played a couple of the FMT's and I preferred the standard American Deluxes that I've played (haven't played any recently...more like 2 years ago). Something about the neck of the FMT didn't feel that great to me and the tone on the two I've played wasn't as lively as the old deluxe's that I've played, despite the 18volt pre. On the other hand I must say that both of these models I played were in music stores so maybe the batteries were low or something. One was at Mars and one was at Guitar Center. Still didn't care too much for the neck though. I don't know what felt different about it but something did.

brad cook

btw: That Bass Palace picture is absolutely terrible!! They need to consider getting a new camera or a new photographer!

3. I've really been wanting to check those out. Does anyone know how the preamp is?

4. Basso Profoundo

Basso Profoundo Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Indiana
    Bob got that bass from a guy that I traded one two. It is probably the one I once owned. The bass is probably still close to mint. Reasonable weight. The gold on the neckplate is wearing off in a weird way. The bass sounds great, but the neck seemed a little chunky to me.
    The reason I got rid of it was the gold, too much of it. The case is a nice vintage brown(if it is still the same case, but it has some marks and tears on it.

Here are some pics of the one I had.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    wow that looksl ike a nice bass. I never had a chance to play a Fender FMT since no one carries them here in Northern Jersey. I hear those basses are pretty heavy compared to other Fenders out right now.

DM

PS: and whats soo bad about too much gold? Or couldn't you have change the tuners/hardware to black?

6. Basso Profoundo

Jun 2, 2002
    Indiana
    It just doesn't seem very Fendery to me, guess I'm a purist when it comes to Fenders. Plus, I ended up with a Sadowsky on the deal so...

Even the polepieces are gold!!

7. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Basso: Whats so not Fendery about it? The neck looks like the ones from the Geddy Lee basses. They make basses without pickguards and fancy tops.

Maybe just too used to the classical fenders?

DM

8. Thanx for your input guys...it is sure a nice bass.....

It is a pain in the A*s living in the UK...All the best basses are in the US :(

(I have never seen a Fender FMT in the uk)

9. Basso Profoundo

Jun 2, 2002
    Indiana
    Exactly, I like the Clasic Fender vibe cosmetically better, it is still all Fender on the inside.