1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wren and Cuff Pickle Pie

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by UnDoNe, Jul 26, 2007.

1. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    Hello there. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried one of these for bass? They have just put the price up as he has new enclosures now, but I'm on the lookout for a fuzz and this sounds good...like the way huge swollen pickle apparently.

Any help is appreciated and I have searched :)

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    The new boxes have WH style knobs too... amazing :D

3. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    Toasted, I know the pickle pie isn't a swollen pickle, but how is the low end with your WH?

(that sounds a really strange thing to say :))

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yeah, it does sound strange!!

The Swollen Pickle has more low end than any other fuzz I've owned. The phrase that comes to mind is "Corpulent".

You might also want to look at the D*A*M RAM HEAD, if you can track one down?

5. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    I've heard about the DAM pedals, but the consensus seems they're almost impossible to get hold of. Thanks for your help :)

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Agreed :)

7. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    The DAM pedal as I recall costs nearly as much as an original Ram's Head Big Muff. Why not get an original? Is it mostly because of the size?

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    And the improvements of the D*A*M over the original.

True bypass, LED, 9v tap :))

9. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    Just a quick update. I emailed Matt at Wren and Cuff and as an old bassist himself, he said the pickle pie retains the low end very well! Looks like I'll be picking one of these up in a few months time (when I have a job :meh: )

Excellent customer service!