Wrist angle problem

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by tekydon, May 16, 2021.

1. tekydon

tekydon

Jan 29, 2020
    I have this problem where I pluck the higher strings (E and even moreso G) closer to the bridge than the lower strings. It happens 'naturally' for me and it's annoying. Any recommendations for fixing this?

2. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    Hypnopaedia. Corprophagia (not recommended). Playing with a pick (don’t tell anyone, not even someone who doesn’t play bass and has drank themselves under the table).

3. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music. Supporting Member

Angle your bass up 45 degrees?

4. Malcolm35

Malcolm35

Aug 7, 2018
    Fretting with the pad of the finger pulls your wrist into where it should be.

5. Corto14

Corto14

Feb 6, 2019
    Italy
    I have the same problem with my Precision, I believe because of the body dimension which is not comfortable for me.
    I haven’t any problems with my Yamaha bb and trb which have a bigger body so my wrist has only a gentle angle.

i’m working on my posture to overcome this problem but no result whatsoever.

6. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    yeah. Body position is driven by bass position. So stand up, adjust the angle , hang , etc to allow your body comfortable access. Don’t sit with your bass on your knee and your right forearm draped over the body.

gebass6 likes this.
  7. chris_b

chris_b

Jun 2, 2007
    I don't seem to have this problem so it is unique to your style, so I'd say it's you rather than the bass.

Hold your arm, hand and fingers in the way that you want to change to. Move your bass so that it sits comfortably under your fingers, in the right place for your new technique. Practice until it is second nature.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021