1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

wrist pain

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by XbassplayerX, Jul 21, 2005.

1. XbassplayerX

XbassplayerX

Feb 12, 2005
    a year ago i played bass for to long and i guess i had carpal tunnel. when that happened i went 2 months without playing, wearing icy hot patches on my wrist, taking it easy, etc etc. still to this day i cant play bass guitar for long periods of time. i dont play that often but when i do its for short periods of time. i mean i never play any more because of it, ive cut down my playing time to pretty much 1.5 hours a week and i cant get any better at playing bass by sitting on the sofa watching tv, i need to start practicing more but i cant. how do i get this to stop? should i got to the doctors? it seems like ive tried everything..... :help:

2. Yes, you should see a doctor! Any time you have a chronic pain you should go see your doctor as soon as possible. You may not have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. There are lots of wrist problems you can have. A doctor is the person to decide and recommend a treatment.

You have a big problem with your technique if you're hurting yourself, and that's not going to go away, even if you do heal. You'll just hurt yourself again. You need a doctor and then a good bass instructor to set you straight.