Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wrist pain

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by XbassplayerX, Jul 21, 2005.

1. XbassplayerX

XbassplayerX

Feb 12, 2005
    a year ago i played bass for to long and i guess i had carpal tunnel. when that happened i went 2 months without playing, wearing icy hot patches on my wrist, taking it easy, etc etc. still to this day i cant play bass guitar for long periods of time. i dont play that often but when i do its for short periods of time. i mean i never play any more because of it, ive cut down my playing time to pretty much 1.5 hours a week and i cant get any better at playing bass by sitting on the sofa watching tv, i need to start practicing more but i cant. how do i get this to stop? should i got to the doctors? it seems like ive tried everything..... :help:

2. Yes, you should see a doctor! Any time you have a chronic pain you should go see your doctor as soon as possible. You may not have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. There are lots of wrist problems you can have. A doctor is the person to decide and recommend a treatment.

You have a big problem with your technique if you're hurting yourself, and that's not going to go away, even if you do heal. You'll just hurt yourself again. You need a doctor and then a good bass instructor to set you straight.