Wrist Surgery

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dynastes, May 21, 2003.

1. Dynastes

Jun 22, 2002
    I have had a lump on top of my left wrist for 1 1/2 years which has caused trouble for my bass and piano playing and set me aside somewhat. I'm having the "liquid lump" removed in a couple of weeks.

Have any of you been through the same? If so, how's your wrist now, and how long did the recovery take, is the wrist 100% now, or do you still live/play with it? did it come back etc.

Lump explanation: it's about half an inch big, sitting a bit to the right on top of my wrist where the arm and hand connects/where you bend the wrist. When bent downward you see how big it is and when straight it's only visible if you know it's there.
  2. look around first next time, i made a post about this about a week ago in off topic
  3. Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Not even kidding...

I had surgery in October.
    I had a similar cist removed a screw replaced and a ligament reconstructed.

since its just a cist, you'll probably be fine. you might actually end up better than where you started.
    THe only advice I have, is follow to the T (if you have to go) what the OT "Occupational Theripst" tells you.

After all the stuff I had done to my wrist, I'm about 90%. Pretty Good!
    90 is an A right?
  4. Dynastes

Jun 22, 2002
    Sorry Todd, didn't make a search...however the recovery and post-surgery comments are missing a bit so I'll leave it up for aditional answers if that's okay..
  5. Dynastes

Jun 22, 2002
    Got it removed 3 month ago. My wrist is pretty stiff and I can't bend it as much forward and backwards as i can with my right wrist...After playing maybe 10minutes it starts to get irritating...
    Still...my wrist is actually better now than it was before I had the crist removed.

Please listen to what signals your body tells you and take brakes if you feel pain in your wrist ! - I don't reccomend getting in to the same kind of **** as I did.