Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Write "Bass Player" mag!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rockstarbassist, Apr 6, 2005.

1. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I think if enough of us wrote into BP, demanding a review of some Schroeder cabs, they'd hook us up. I'd want to see a review of the 1210 and 21012 or 410.

They mention them in the latest issue and have a pic of the 410, but "Schroeder's 410 features an unusual two-front/two-angled woofer arrangement" is hardly anything deserving of these great cabs.

Who's with me? :)

2. Washishimi

Washishimi Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    Done :bassist:

3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

And since sooo many members have discovered the the "best bang for the buck" head, the Kustom Groove Bass 1200, I think they should review this also. You simply can't get more head for the money - stainless steel, 1200 watts, TONS of features and KILLER tone all for a street price of about $500 new! There is no new head that can compete for $500 new...

So what are you waiting for Bass Player Mag???? REVIEW IT! (hell they have a full page ad in your mag to boot!)

4. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    i love TB :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    DON'T write Bass Player about the Schroeder cabs.

...I don't have one yet and I don't want a long wait or a price increase.

6. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    +1,000,000!!!!!

7. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Hahaha, awesome answers everyone.

And I have reviewed it- plenty of times on the Schroeder superthread. I'd just like to see "our little TB baby" get some worldwide recognition, is all. :) It may be a little "prideful", but I think it's awesome how the word has gotten out a lot from this bass community and a huge prop to Jorg for getting his product out to this band of bassists to help grow his company- glad I could be a part of it, and I know everyone else is too. :hyper:

And BS- the wait is already long, and I think the prices may stick where they are for a while. Jorg prides himself on building and inspecting those cabs by hand (mostly himself), so I don't think a change in operation that would cause a price increase is likely to happen anytime soon. ;)

8. I don't think the Schroeder will really get hugely popular because it doesnt have a famous name behind it and its compact. Many people including myself like the image of a large cab on stage, which is at least why I'm passing up his stuff. So I'd say its safe to write BP and get Jorg some recognition.

9. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    *Sometimes* the reasons you don't see certain products reviewed, it's because the manufacturer / luthier hasn't been able to provide their product to BP. I know of several that fall into this category, despite the fact that BP has been SCREAMING to review their product.

That said, I'd love to see the write-up of a Read Purity, even though I've been the ecstatic owner of one for over a year. :hyper:

10. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX

True, but it never hurts to ask, which is why I was trying to get some support for it as well.

I'll put in a word for your Purity amp if you'll put in one for my Schroeder. ;)

It's always fun to see what others, possible "Professionals" have to say about your product, especially after you own it. It was awesome when I saw my Mesa M-Pulse reviewed the month after I got it. Almost right-on concerning most aspects. Just fun to go "hey, I own that!!" :cool:

11. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    It's a deal!:D

I could think of about a thousand pieces of gear that should be reviewed. The downside is I think the reviews they post can be absolute garbage. It's fun when they really like something you like a lot, but they never seem to dislike anything.

12. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    :eyebrow:

13. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX

Yeah, I'm kinda with you but didn't wanna really get into it...

I guess those "tiny" 310212's just don't do it for some people?? :confused: :scowl:

And at only what, 2000+ watts, it can't nearly compete with those 900-watt SVT 8x10's... Sad. :scowl:

14. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I know I love alot of head for the money :bag:

15. Ok maybe that was BS :D I think it would look retarded to play a stadium with one cab the size of a big 4x10 though. The 1210 and 1010 look silly to me too. Esp when guys have a rack thats bigger than the cab on top of it. Maybe I'm a product of today's society, but image is a big part of popular music to me.

16. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    The only ridiculous thing about Rush in Rio is that I wasn't at the concert. What was it, 40k fans singing along to YYZ? Awesome.

But I agree that there's a certain image associated with huge cabs. I grew up with that image and am down with it. But my back is not, which is why my NV610 is going on ebay tonight. :bawl:

17. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Very true. And of course price must be taken into account; e.g. it isn't fair to slam an MIM Fender because it isn't in the same league as a Sadowsky, quality-wise.

18. Craigle

Craigle "Careful with that joke, it's an antique!"

Mar 10, 2004
    New Orleans, Louisiana

I'll second that, and say that when I saw Eric Clapton on his last tour, Nathan East was only playing through a single 4X10 on stage. Nothing really looked out of place, and they sounded great. Oh, also, this was at the New Orleans Arena, which isn't the biggest arena in the world, but it's certainly not a small venue.

Though I will also say that I do enjoy looking at the huge stacks some guys play through, but I don't think that it's entirely out of place for someone to just play through a single small cabinet.

19. Washishimi

Washishimi Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    Most of the bands that play arenas with a "wall of cabinets" are actually only utilizing one or two cabinets. Most of the other cabinets you see up there are just dummy cabs.

20. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX

Except if you're Zakk Wylde... ;)

I've seen that guy play Ozzfest setups before where he had pretty much all 8 of his Marshall 4x12's mic'd up. And he had the dummy heads on top, b/c I saw his hotrodded JCM's over in a rackmounted case, all lit up 'n purty, so I know they weren't being used- but damn. All those cabs were on, I can assure you that! :D

But you're right about most bands. Like Nickelback. They've got to have at least 12-15 Mesa 4x12's on stage, and like 2 are mic'd. It does give a certain "look", but last time I checked, I wasn't playing with Nickelback or Slayer, so I think I should be fine with my mighty mini Schroeders.. ;)