Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Write here some hard rock, heavy metal and rock songs that have good bass tabs

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by diobassist, Jan 3, 2005.

1. diobassist

diobassist

Jan 2, 2005
    Finland
    I'm practicing to play songs, but i can't decide or know what to play. :meh: I like hard rock,heavy metal and rock for example dio, deep purple iron maiden and rainbow. Just write here some songs that have good bass tabs! :D Thanks!

2. Highway Star from Deep Purple has some cool playing. Behind the Wall of Sleep/Bassically/NIB/whetever from Sabbath is very fun. Check out Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner from Maiden for a lot of nice bass.

3. Acid Bath- Scream of the Butterfly

I love that bassline.

4. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Santeria or Wrong Way by Sublime
    Plush or Trippin' Through a Hole in a Paper Heart by STP
    Old Metallica
    Rage Against the Machine

Hope this helps,

5. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    It isn't my list, but it isn't a bad one either. I've put all the tunes that are available on Napster in a playlist and listen to it while I work ever week or so.

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_basslines.html

Probably doesn't rock quite as hard as your preferred music styles, but it is in the ballpark.

Millard

6. f_london

f_london

Aug 17, 2004
    battlestar scratchilactia by incubus has a pretty decent bassline, plus it's fun as hell to play :D

7. diobassist

diobassist

Jan 2, 2005
    Finland
    Thanks a million buddies! i've already tried few of these and they include some great parts! Also if someone is searching for good basslines- then yoü've gotta try dio's songs. (Last in Line,all the fools sailed away etc.) :)

8. Here's Jailbreak - ACDC A classic

G------------------
    D------------------
    A------7---5-4-----
    E--0-0---0------0--

Bridge

G------------------------------------------------------
    D------------------------------------------------------
    A------------------------------------------------------
    E---5------5--5--5----5-5-------7-------7--7--7--7-7--

I'm only doing this by memory the bridge may differ but the guts of it is there
    All ACDC songs are good for grooving in the rock era

9. jokke_v

jokke_v

Aug 15, 2003
    Bergen, Norway
    A whole bunch of Opeth songs.

Check out the Opeth powertabs.. ..most of them are brilliant, with good bass.

For examples of cool basslines:
    To Bid You Farewell: Nice and easy bassline with some cool fretless lead-ish playing.

Also there's a lot of cool playing going on on the record Morningrise. Some of it is less fitting to the songs though. This was the last record with their old bassist.. ..the new one is more groovey...

Now.. ..the whole Damnation album is not metal, but still, there are some great but really simple basslines going on here. They compliment the songs perfectly and are really fun to play.

Blackwater Park has a lot of cool playing, two great songs from this album are Bleak and The Drapery Falls.

..there's a lot more as well, but it's getting late now. :oops: