Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Writing Music

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SpecialEd, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Hey I know that there some good music writing programs out there in the world. The problem is just finding them. If anyone knows where I could download one that would be a big help. Also if you have any sujestion on which ones to use and which ones not to use that would be nice to. Thanks for comments and sujestions.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    When you say "writing", do you mean a notation program or a program that'll play music programmed by you?

3. One that you can put down notation

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I use finale...its pretty good
    also there is Cakewalk
    and there are some freeware programs but they are very limited.

check download.com
    or if you use mac
    versiontracker.com(better for macs)

5. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Finale has a free version available, too. It's a much simpler program, with many less features, but check their website. It's called Finale Notepad.

6. Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Feb 7, 2002
    Prague
    i didn`t find cakewalk (sonar) for this so comfortable.. well.. i still rather write it down on the paper.. ;-)

i am also looking for a program just for writing notations... without any automatic controling system...
    lemme know if u will find something

Miss.Ant.

7. Thanks for the info, this should make it much easier to write music than the old convintinal way with pad a paper.