Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Writing solos, tips, improv and remebering...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Pea-NUT, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Pea-NUT

Pea-NUT

Jul 1, 2001
    Jerseyville, IL
    Well, i came to my band with a idea, its a little solo instrumental for all of us with a set tempo/rythm to refer to, we take turns are solo once. Its in the key of A, and we were playing it while a DJ from a radio station was at one of our practice. He really liked it and now wants to record us and make a cd of some of our originals to play on the radio station.
    Its kind of got a Rock/Funk feel to it, i dont think im gonna slap and if i do it wont be for the whole thing. Any tips from some of the more experienced players would be apprecieted. thank you...

2. §rokstär§

§rokstär§

Dec 4, 2001
    Wisconsin
    hey man if your gonna do a solo, just figure out the notes and rhythm ya want....then play it over and over, and mix up pops and slaps and whatever else you want to do untill you find whatever suits you best. during a solo, its all about you, so do what you want to do and what you think sounds the coolest