Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wrong intuition been swept away...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JayAmel, Nov 24, 2004.

1. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Hey boys and girls,

As many of you know, I've stayed away from Warwicks until now. I am also known as a gold-hardware-hater. And I am basically a 4 stringer.

But today, all these wrong behaviours have been swept away when I tried THIS :

[​IMG]

Yeah, that's a Streamer Stage II, 5 string.

Though I could only try it thru a very ordinary Peavey TNT combo, I was really impressed. The tone was massive, EQ controls were VERY efficient, and playability was at its apogee. Very low action, very fast neck. Instant comfort, even with this 5 string that sounded huge, all the way down to the low B...

My friends, I must say I fell in love.

I'd be glad to hear from players who own this bass, and how they feel with it after months or years using it.

Also, I heard here and there that there seems to be some "alchemy" between Warwick basses and SWR amps. What about that ? What rig (500 W min.) would you most recommend with such a bass ?

Yeah, I am thinking of getting one. 2700 EUR, but that's a killer one.

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Cheers,
    JL

2. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    ive have played some great streamers over time, mostly friends or relatives basses. the stage II i like better because it has a skinnier neck and tighter string spacing than the stage I. through an SWR redhead combo i was persuaded that if god Played bass (you know he plays bass...) this would be his rig.

3. Congrats. I hope you join the Warwick club, it's a shame you didn't get to know it earlier.

4. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    The fact is, I always approached basses like I would approach girls : first attracted by the way it looks :p

But a guy I know, not that far from me, has got this SSII, thinking he would progress more on bass with this one instead of his Cort.

I don't know whether this will really help him (he has 3 years of bass practice), but what I know is that he's been right buying this SSII, since I could try it ! ;)

Any other SSII users here ?

Cheers,
    JL

5. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    I've owned a Streamer Stage II 4-string for a couple of years now and it is by far my most favorite sounding bass I have ever had or even played. I have been searching for a 5-string with the same exact tone because I can't play the 5-string version of the Stage II because the string spacing is too narrow for me so the search is on.

I have gotten so many complements from bandmates, soundmen and other musicians on the monster tone I get out of it. It has massive but clean low end and the perfect sizzle on the top end. The body shape if perfect, it balances very well, and the neck is slim (on the four string) and very smooth.

http://community.webshots.com/user/pistoleroace