Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WT-300 owners please read...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Crockettnj, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    Just got my used WT-300 in the mail. i wont be able to really run it through its paces until next week when i can get my hands back on my "good" cab.

HOWEVER, i have some questions for you.

1) It's a little noisey. there is a buzzing that i never had with the same bass/cab and my other head. bad tube? is this typical of edens?

2) what are the auxilliary input jacks for? One says LEFT and the other RIGHT... so far as i could tell, this isnt a stereo amp. What do you guys use these for?

3) MOST importantly to me- it is used and shows signs of having been opened. Some screw holes are present and i dontknow if screws are missing. i see a triangle of 3 holes on the left and right sides - these are surely for the rack ears. NO probs. HOWEVER, there are 4 screw holes (in the shape of a large rectangle) on top. is this normal? seems like something is missing. Did it have a handle?

lastly, there are a few screws on the bottom that have similar sized holes less that 1/4" away. whats the deal here?

the amp was made in 98. Before i complain to the seller, i want to get educated on this.

if anyone could email me a picture of the TOP and bottom of their wt-300 i woudl be gratefull.

or, if you think you could help, by all means reply and give me some insight.

thanks a ton.

ps- soundwise i like it so far, but the cab i have here is total crap so its hard to judge.

2. chardin

chardin

Sep 18, 2000
    1) My Eden WT-400 is dead quiet. I have to put my ear up against my Bag End grill to hear a tiny hiss. Make sure you're using good speaker cables.

2)
    3) I bought my WT-400 new and it has the same 4 holes on the top. I never gave it any thought.

Take your Eden to a music store and plug in a cabinet similar to your "good" cab.

I hope this helps. Eden makes incredible amps. I've had mine for at least 5 years and it has never let me down.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Can't help too much as I've never owned/really ever played through an Eden head. But, according to the owner's manual available here...

http://www.eden-electronics.com/info/manuals/pdf/WT300manual2002.pdf

Tha Aux jacks are for...
    Is it a 60 cycle hum you're hearing? Something else?

Good luck!!!

4. nemo

nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Czech
    I used to have '98 WT300. It was hissy as well regardless of tube change. Don't worry, in a band setting no one will notice. But XLR DI is dead quiet so going to PA or recording console is no problem. The hiss was coming from poweramp section.
    Great amp, enjoy!

5. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ

Bill-- i eq'd out 60 hz and the hum continued. it seems to be 600 hz, as i tweeked that out using bOTH paramids( to rule out 1 para knob as being bad) and it was gone. 600 isnt some harmonic of 60, so i dont know.

as for good speaker cables, well, no , its crap. its like 99 guage wire thats 100 years old :) but it was the same one used with teh other amp and this same bass/amp 2 days ago with zero audile buzzing. I therefore nixed it as a cause.

6. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ

****. i didnt want to hear that. part of being a great amp, to me, is being quiet. i hadnt heard any noise issues from edens (on here) which is one reason i went for the wt300. i play in semi low volume practice settings 20 times more than in gigs, so this is fairly relevant to me.

thanks forhte posts.

I wont get upset until i use it with a power conditioner cord, good speaker cable, new instrument cable, and better cab. then i will know.