Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WT-400 signal cutting out

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zoxbassist, Apr 29, 2004.

1. zoxbassist

zoxbassist

Dec 13, 2003
    Providence, RI
    On a gig a few days ago my Eden WT-400 seemed to be working fine, and then suddenly the signal coming out to the speaker just stopped. the DI still worked, though. i let it cool down and used it the following day and it worked fine. but today i was playing it on a lower volume and the signal cut out again! what could this be? could it be overheating? could it be that the preamp tube needs changing? any help would be most appreciated (I hope I don't need to buy a new head!).

Thanks.

2. Then Eden power section has a thermal switch that will cut the power if it overheats. If your power amp is overheating, this may be the problem.

However, it could also be an intermittent connection in the effects loop. If you patch a 1/4" cable into the effects loop (between send and return), you will eliminate the possibility of the 1/4" jack causing an intermittent signal. My WT-500 has both a pre and post-EQ effects loop, so if the WT-400 is the same, try patching a cable into both and see what happens.

It is also possible that the tube is loose in its socket. To check that, you will have to take the cover off and have a peek inside.

Hope this helps!