Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WT-400 Upgrade???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Alexander, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I am currently using a Nemesis 4x10 combo and am looking to upgrade. I like the Nemesis quite a bit overall and it is loud enough. The only problem I have had is that at loud volumes (like the band usually seems to get from time to time), my tone goes to pot quickly. To play at the volume I need means a "farting tone", not the clear growly tone I get at lower volumes. I know I need more watts and am wondering if the WT-400 would be enough to get a similar volume (or maybe a little more) but retaining the clearer tone. Or should I suck it up and go for a WT-800 or similar? It seems a bit overkill for me...

Oh, I almost forgot. I will likely run this through 2 Aggie GS112s or maybe Avatar 2x10 and 1x15.

Thanks for the help...

2. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    the wt heads sound completely different than the nemesis line. if you like the nemesis tone you might not like the wt tone. i ran a nemesis with an xlt cab before i got my wt 800 and thought it sounded like a piece of crap.