1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WT-550 same size as WT-330?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassteban, Mar 25, 2006.

1. I love my CXC-110, but sometimes wish for a bit more headroom, & perhaps a tube in the pre. I'm wondering if a WT-550 head is the same(outside dimensions)as the -330. Anybody know?

2. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    the eden site says nothing?

3. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Dimensions from the Eden site:
    WT550 12"W x 3.5"H x 12"D
    WT330 13"W x 3.5"H x 12.5"D

see? not hard :]

4. The Eden site is great if all I want is the answer, but I'm here for the love.
    :ninja:
    Thank you so much.
    :)

5. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    that would be cool if the 550 fits into the cxc110 slot. although I don't know how much more juice the 110 can take :meh: measure your top screw pattern left to right, front to back.

also try to measure distances from mounting holes to insides of opening. the fan grill on my 550 is external to the case by about 1/8"

when I borrowed a used cxc100 w/330 amp inside I liked the 330 tone with the eden 110 speaker, but with my aguilar gs112 there was something missing in the roundness or thickness of the sound. I also compared the 330 to the eden wt300.

wt330+eden110 = good
    wt300+gs112 = good
    wt330+gs112 = o.k.

from my experimenting with the cxc110 and the gs112 extension I determined that the 110 by itself was not enough for my band situation. eventually I bought a wt550 to play with my two gs112's

6. Hey, I appreciate the info. I usually run the CXC w/a CX-110(1x10)extension cab, giving me 330 watts into two 8 ohm/200 watt capable speakers. I often have the gain at 2 or 3 o'clock; I wonder if I could get the same volume , or a bit more, w/a WT-550 at the same or lower settings. I've also realized that I can plug one more cab, via the speakon out- I just don't have a cable. W/two 8 ohm cabs(a 1x10 & a 1x12)+ the internal 8 ohm driver, I should be looking at 400 watts or so @ 2.67 ohms.

7. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    like I said with my other post I think the 330 sounds pretty nice with eden speakers. if I were you I'd try adding a 112 or larger 8 ohm speaker so you'd have 110+110+112 or other. for a while I tried to get by with the 10+10 route, but realized that I was always on the edge of not loud enough and was afraid to keep pushing my 10's, so I eventually went to two 12's, but 2-10's and a 12 might do the trick for you.

whenever someone says they need more volume I suggest they add speakers first, then if that doesn't work more power.

good luck!

8. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    ok, I measured my WT550. standing in front of the amp looking down on its top. The basic case is 12"x12" exactly, however the fan is on the right side on a 5" center from the front. the finger guard over the fan sticks out from the right side of the amp about 3/16"-1/4". The unit is 3 1/2" tall not including the stick on feet. there are some round-head screws on the bottom that are maybe 1/8" tall heads. top screw are countersunk.

as far as the holes pattern on top, they are threaded, the pattern is 8" between holes, left to right, and front to back. the lower left hole is 2" back from the front panel and 2" in from the left side of the amp.

The DI gain knob on the back of the amp sticks out about 1/2". the knobs on the front are about 3/4" off the front panel.

one final consideration is the other vent holes (non-fan) above the internal heatsink. starting from the back left corner are holes. the holes exist from the left edge over to 1" from the left edge and from the back left corner to 8 1/2" from the back. oops I forgot to measure the left panel holes they look to be about 1" down from the top edge 8 1/2" from back. (picture seems to show 2 1/2")

eden_wt550.

and the fan sticks out kinda like this....

[​IMG]

9. Thanks, Mcrelly; I now have plenty of info to work with. BTW, I tried using an Avatar CB-112 instead of the CX-110 at Church today, w/pretty pleasing results(it felt to me as if there was more air moving at the same settings). I intend to try hooking up both the 1x10 & 1x12 as soon as I get a speakon cable. I'll post the results- hope this helps someone in the same position.