Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WT-800 mono bridged

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Muttluk, Dec 15, 2000.

1. I'm still waiting for my WT-800 head to come, i got the 4x10dxlt today, (how can i use it without a head though) anyways, i was wondering to you people who already have yours, and are firmiliar with the controlls, which buttons do you push in, and which ones do you leave alone or whatever to have it set for "mono-bridged" (800w at 8ohms) cause i wanna just get it, plug everything in, and just be able to play, and not have to read though the manual, and then read it agian, just to make sure i'm doing everything right, so i figure i'll just ask here, you guys can just tell me which one's get pushed in, which ones are left alone, and i can just play and not mess anything up. thanks

2. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    To mono bridge the Eden there's a small button to the right of the EQ. You'll need a ballpoint pin, or some other object with a small diameter, to push it in. When mono bridge is off the button will be flush with the face, when it's on it will be behind the face. When you mono bridge it that makes the biamp feature shuts off, that's it.

Just push in mono bridge, use the banna plugs in the middle jack on the back, run that to your cab (don't forget to set the horn control also, I did when I first got mine) and that should get you playing loud and proud.

Have fun, it's a great set up (it's also exactly what I have, I'm not mono bridging though, but me using it doesn't make it a great amp), then piss off your neighbors/family/band whatever applies.

-Nails

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Muttluk -

Do yourself a BIG favor ... read the manual three times before you plug in your amp. This is an expensive piece of equipment that can provide you with the coolest bass playing experiences of your life. If you don't know how it works before you diddle with it, you're just setting yourself up for major frustration or, worse, possible destruction of your amp or cab. The manuals for Eden gear aren't that long anyway. In fact, maybe you'd better send that amp down here so I can "bench test" it for you. At no charge to you, of course.

4. I finaly got the amp today... wow is it sweet. i read the manual over a bunch of times making sure everything was up right. my parents were freaking out when i set it for a "reggae Dub" type of sound, they thought i'd shatter every window in the house (probly could have, just had to turn the amp up past 3!) MAN OH MAN is this a killer amp. It sounds exactly like it did in the store, (unlike what often happens with stuff from guitar center, where is sounds great in there, but you bring it home, and it sounds like poop) I am so glad i got the 800 instead of the 400, i'm starting to think that the 800 would not have been enough power.

5. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Kewl. I think the 400 would've had enough power (I think that's what you meant), but youd've had to turn it up to 4.

6. yeah, the 400 not enough, the 800, well over the amount needed, but exellent head room. Do you always leave your eq flat or what adjustments do you make twords yours. This this has soo many more tonal ablities than i expected, its just great, I've already gotten three written down that i really really like. What's some of the ones you use?

7. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    I start with everything flat (12 o'clock), then play around with the enhance knob until it's close (usually somewhere between 12 and 2 o'clock for fretted, between 9 and 12 o'clock for fretless). Then I give it one click of boost on the bass shelf knob. There ya' go.