Wt-800 problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassbrother, Feb 24, 2006.

1. bassbrother

May 9, 2005
    He guys,

Last night I had my first gig with my new Eden WT-800. After 4 songs the amp was cliping all over. The EQ-clip indicator was lighting up aswell as the output limiter. After a while the amp shut itself down:crying:. I tried several things on the amp to solve the problem, turning down the input gain, cutting the lows in the amp, but it remained clipping. The cab I was using was a SWR Goliath III (8ohm) with jack input. Because I didn't had a Speakon-to-Jack cable, I couldn't brigde the two separate amps of the WT-800 for a 8 ohm cab. I connected only one of the two 4 ohm amps by a jack-jack speaker cable. Could this be the cause of the problem....connecting one of the 4 ohm amps to a 8 ohm cab? I have an Sadowsky 5 jazzbass with active preamp. Could it be that the gain of the input signal was to high, although I turned it down?

The rest of the evening I had to play over a monitor....not really ideal.

ok thanks in advance
  2. It sounds like something is wrong since it shut down.

However... if you are just running one side of that amp into an 8ohm load, it's only putting out about 200 watts... it would not suprise me that you were clipping all over the place if you were pushing it hard. You need to bridge that thing into a large 8ohm cab.

Also, if the EQ clip light was on, you have your input gain way too hot... sending a 'dirty' signal to the power amp, further complicating the issue...

Overdriven input plus low wattage plus loud volume usually equals some very bad things.