1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

WT-800 problem?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass-only, Nov 24, 2001.

1. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    Fellow Eden WT-800 owners. I am aware of the "crackle" when you turn on the amp - but I am also getting a VERY infrequent crackle noise. Sometimes, it's very minor, sometimes it crackles loud enough (for approx. 2-5 seconds) to peak the EQ overload light. It's similiar to the sound of a "bad cord" or the crackle when the amp comes on - it's just sometimes louder! I've tried several different speaker and guitar cables.

Does this sound like a tube going bad? A resister?

Sounds like a problem? Any suggestions, comments?

Thanks for your help!

Bob
    keithcal@en.com

2. fachie3

fachie3

Nov 12, 2001
    Chicago IL.
    I have never had problems with my WT800 and it looks like you have tried all efforts that would correct your problem.
    I would bring it in for a check up and see if you can reproduce the problem and have a amp tech look into it.
    If you need a place to send it in let me know - there is a place in Elmhurst Il. called DES electronics that works on audio equipment.

Good luck

3. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    Thanks, Fachie3, for the reply. I played it for an hour or so tonight and couldn't get it to make the sound! I've got a band practice on Thursday, so I can kick up the volume some - maybe that will trigger the "crackle".

Man, I really hate if when stuff like this happens. It's like going to the dentist the day your tooth stops hurting - and you still have to pay for the visit!

Any other possibilities, bass players!?

Bob
    keithcal@en.com

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Tube.