Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WT-800 problem?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass-only, Nov 24, 2001.

1. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    Fellow Eden WT-800 owners. I am aware of the "crackle" when you turn on the amp - but I am also getting a VERY infrequent crackle noise. Sometimes, it's very minor, sometimes it crackles loud enough (for approx. 2-5 seconds) to peak the EQ overload light. It's similiar to the sound of a "bad cord" or the crackle when the amp comes on - it's just sometimes louder! I've tried several different speaker and guitar cables.

Does this sound like a tube going bad? A resister?

Sounds like a problem? Any suggestions, comments?

Thanks for your help!

Bob
    keithcal@en.com

2. fachie3

fachie3

Nov 12, 2001
    Chicago IL.
    I have never had problems with my WT800 and it looks like you have tried all efforts that would correct your problem.
    I would bring it in for a check up and see if you can reproduce the problem and have a amp tech look into it.
    If you need a place to send it in let me know - there is a place in Elmhurst Il. called DES electronics that works on audio equipment.

Good luck

3. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    Thanks, Fachie3, for the reply. I played it for an hour or so tonight and couldn't get it to make the sound! I've got a band practice on Thursday, so I can kick up the volume some - maybe that will trigger the "crackle".

Man, I really hate if when stuff like this happens. It's like going to the dentist the day your tooth stops hurting - and you still have to pay for the visit!

Any other possibilities, bass players!?

Bob
    keithcal@en.com

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego