Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WT 800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by warwickbass, Nov 30, 2002.

1. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    I just got a WT 800 and I was wondering about the high and low outputs. seeing on how the manual seems like its writen by a 10th grader it dosent seem to say what the high output does as compared to the low. and yes I did some searches and didnt find anything like this. I would try getting ahold of eden but thats pretty worthless at this point with some bad news that im sure you all we be aware of soon, tho im not so sure if I should say so because of previous troubbles with that sort of thing.

2. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    there should be a "crossover" dial on the front panel, which controls the point at which the high and low outputs separate. Basically, the high output puts out frequencies ABOVE the crossover point, and the low output puts out frequencies BELOW it. They should both be at amp/speaker level, so use speaker cables and don't plug them into anything besides a speaker. For example, if you want to send all frequencies above 200hz to your "high" cab, and all frequencies below 200hz to your "low" cab, set the "crossover" dial to 200hz and plug the high output into the high cab, and the low output into the low cab.

3. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    I gotch ya i thought it was more along the lines of power output not frequency. and what about the whole bi amp mode if ive got that on, it sends it to both right and left at 400watts at 4 ohms, if the bi amp mode is off does it just send 400 watts at 4 ohms to one side? and is 8 ohms really the lowest you can run the amp bridiged... the amp dose have a 1200watt max, but im not clear if the 800 is rms and the 1200 is just the peak. i had a nemisis combo amp that was made into a head and i could run that which was supposto be a 4 ohm amp at 2 ohms without any problem. Also if i have it bi amped, can it be run at 2ohms on either side instead of the 4 or 8 ohms?

4. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    the 1200 it says on the back of the amp is power consumption. its not a 1200 watt head. and yes, you can only bridge it at 8 ohms. everything youre asking is printed on the back of the head. stereo, its minimum 4 ohm load a side. you cant run it at 2 ohms a side.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    The Nemesis speaker out jack wired the speaker in series, so that no matter what you hooked onto that you would only be increasing the resistance, and you would never be running it below its recommended level. In other words, assumming you didnt rewire that output jack, you never hit 2 ohms. With another 4 ohm cab you were actually running it at 8 ohms actually.

On the WT800 and almost every other head I know of, the output jacks are wired in parallel, so in that case you would be lowering the impeadance.

Peace
    Nick

6. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    well the nemisis head is really ripped out and redone, and the people at eden told me its running at 2ohms. thanks tho