1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WT405 vs. MarkBass F500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Commreman, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thinking about going a different direction with my amp. For the past 5 years or so I've been using a Markbass SD800 with no complaints, but maybe just looking for different "flavor." Amp, experts here (I don't claim to be one of them), I've narrowed it down to either the WT405 or the F500. Opinions? Thanks!

2. I've started a thread not long ago asking if I could get the Eden tone out of the F500 and the general consensus was not really.

I went ahead and bought an F500 anyway to try out and see if the tone will work for me but I haven't got it yet.

If this thread is still alive when I get it I'll post up my opinions.

3. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thanks. Let me know!

4. Instead of changing amps, maybe consider trying out some of the different character/preamp pedals on the market, such as the Eden WTDI or sansamp VT bass

this will make your head sound pretty much like an eden or ampeg head at a fraction of the cost and you can switch it on and off at your desire