1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WT800 to WT550, does that make sense?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AverageWhiteBassist, Nov 19, 2010.

1. For some reason, I have considered going from my WT800 to WT550. I run 1 4 ohm 212XLT cab, so even if I get more power at 4 ohms, the cab is rated for 400 watts, so I'm not able to push it more than I can now. I like the idea the WT550 is smaller and can fit in a bag. I don't use biamping, I do use an aux in, and don't know if I'll ever use more than the one cab. Am I forgetting a feature that should look at before I make the move? I found a couple WT550s for about the same price as I could sell the 800 for, my WT800 is a '98 the WT550s are an '03 or '08. I find the WT800 to be very warm, is the WT550 any different tone wise? I sat in and played a WT550, but the player's rig was set up mid scoop delight and I like much more mids and I don't touch other people's rigs if I am sitting in for 4 tunes, I adjust my bass. So, to the masses, good move, bad move or they are the same, more or less? Thanks!