1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WT800B -vs- Navigator and poweramp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by g4string, Mar 11, 2008.

1. g4string

g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    I am in a bind and need some help..........I am debating which rig I should go with, a WT800B or a Navigator with a poweramp.

I already have a poweramp I can use for the Nav - a QSC PLX-2402.

However, for a few extra $$ I can get the WT800B. I could keep my QSC for bac up duty, build another rig some day, or use it for a PA.

I will probably use the Eden rig for my Bag End S15 stack.

Which would you get and why?? Thanks!!

2. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    The 800 is a great head... the Nav has a killer compression circuit and a lot more tone (when used with an Eden power amp)

3. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    The Nav with a WT1000 is better than a WT800 (better tone, better DI, better comp), but I might go for a WT800 ahead of a Nav/PLX rig, assuming I was using Eden speakers.

4. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    i would go nav, with a power amp.

more power flexibilty. i love the compressor, so musical.

5. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    The compressor is really fantastic. I also love the Tube Character Control. The footswitch that comes with the Nav is also stellar as it has a mute, boost, and bypass for the comp and Enhance Circuit.

6. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004

i like the eden foot switch, but it would be cool if it had some options on it, like a effects loop plug in onto it, tube on/off switch

someone mentioned before that they thought the turbo boost was a lil too loud ( i think its 12 db) and u could get it modded to a lower db.

i sometimes wish the input for the foot switch was front panel aswell.

i love mine though