1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

[WTA] Recommend me a noise supressor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xikbastard, May 20, 2011.

1. xikbastard

xikbastard

May 7, 2007
    Singapore
    hi all,

usually i would drag my full board which consist of a M9+EBVP jr + badger schism + L6 G30 + pitchblack, etc.. for gigs, etc..

and recently i got a grab and go mini board which i used to plug into the badger in the big board. B.Blender + HM-2 + EBS Multi-comp.

and nowadays depends on which gig i would just grab the small board, the big board i have the L6 running a always on noise-gate to keep everything sane. cos some venues it can get really really noisy.

so i was thinking of getting a noise suppressor on the small board so i can just grab, plug in and ripped it. theres only 1 guitarist in the band and i always on the HM-2 and it can get pretty noisy at some venues.

any recommendation of a noise suppressor and should i add it b4 or after the chain? for around 100 bucks? and i playing death metal and grindcore.

2. Boss make a pretty good gate, you could try that?

3. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    I like the Boss NS-2 because you can put your noisy pedals inside it's loop. Then your clean signal is opening and closing the gate and the distortion won't interfere with it. And you can put delays, etc after it without cutting the trails off.

4. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph provider Supporting Member

+1

5. GentProvocateur

GentProvocateur Supporting Member

I hear you can do the same with the Sentry Noise Gate

6. RickenbackerGuy

RickenbackerGuy

Aug 27, 2015
    ISP Decimator II

Got mine at a great price and love it