1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WTB: 3/4 bass in the DC area

Discussion in 'Wanted: Double Basses, Amps, & Accessories' started by patton63, Oct 23, 2013.

1. I have played electric bass for a couple years and am now looking to acquire my first 3//4-sized upright. I play mostly blues and classic rock, and expect to continue those genres to the extent I can with an upright. I don't see myself moving to orchestral playing.

I've been fond of the couple '40s-'50s Kays that I have seen, but am open to different possibilities. My budget is around $3000. Let me know if you have something along these lines you are interested in selling.

Thanks in advance.

2. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    PM sent.

3. Not sure if you are aware of these options so I thought I would mention them. Brobts Violin (Alexandria) has a 1940's Kay. A price is not listed. Fretwell Basses (Staunton) has two 1940's Kay. Both under $3,000. Jerry is a great guy and he knows basses!

4. Carlh

Carlh

Mar 27, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    Please see my current listing for nice late 50's Kay in Pittsburgh. I hope TB rules allow for this type of cross posting. Sorry no photos up yet. PM me I'll email to you.