1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WTB - used Pirastro Oblig. Solos

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by geechee, Dec 8, 2011.

1. geechee

geechee

Nov 16, 2006
    Brevard, NC
    Anyone got a used set they want to sell? Want to try these out on a EUB (NXT 4). Thanks, Geechee

geechee @ gmail dot com

2. fred pratt

fred pratt

Jun 20, 2004
    New York City
    Ok. I'm not using them, and you want them so what's the point of my keeping them? I'll sell them to you. I think $20 would cover my expenses and effort.

3. fred pratt

fred pratt

Jun 20, 2004
    New York City
    I'm sorry. I didn't read carefully enough. My set isn't solos. I only have two solos.

4. geechee

geechee

Nov 16, 2006
    Brevard, NC
    I'm just trying to get something better that than stock NXT strings. Wife has weak hands after cutting a tendon in left index finger. Since then, she's reluctant to play. My focus is to find a set of low tension strings that will work with a EUB (NXT) and will be easy to play with better sound than the stock elec bass strings on the bass. I don't mind a mix and match, but she likes the Obligatos on her Kay Bass...hear they work pretty well on the NXT. Thanks, Gill - don't you also have another set of Obligatos you plan on selling?

5. fred pratt

fred pratt

Jun 20, 2004
    New York City
    I have a full set of cut Obligato regulars and two individual Obligato solos. The D'Addario NS strings work well for me on the WAV and they're relatively low tension. You can get those from Lemur, I think. Or if you wanted I could send you the Obligato set and a cut Corelli set for $25. The Corellis are really thin.

6. geechee

geechee

Nov 16, 2006
    Brevard, NC
    With all the strings mentioned, I'm a little confused. If I ask you to ship your Obligatos (reg and solos), what are you sending and how much are you asking with shipping> Tx, Gill

7. fred pratt

fred pratt

Jun 20, 2004
    New York City
    Ok. The cut set and the two solos for $35.

8. geechee

geechee

Nov 16, 2006
    Brevard, NC
    Fred: Sorry for delay. That works. Tried to send a PM a few days ago, but doesn't look to be in history folder. I'll try again with details. Tx, Geechee