Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WTG BUCKEYES!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by McHack, Nov 20, 2004.

1. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    The OSU Buckeye's are now 3-1 over Michigan in the Jim Tressell era. :hyper: WOOT!

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    What a great game. Perfect way to cap off the season. Go bucks!

3. You buckeyes fans don't have a whole lot to cheer about these days, eh?

You miss Maurice Clarett, don'cha? Don't worry, you can tell me :D

4. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Actually, I don't think we miss him one bit. Sure, he had some good games at key moments in time. But, he wasn't worth the trouble he's caused...

5. Good games? Didn't he pretty much lead the team in their championship year a few years back?

But I can understand his attitude not being missed. Helluva running back though.

6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Heck yes, you can lose every other game of the season, but as long as we beat the wolverines, all is well!

7. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Maurice Clarett only played something like 6 or 7 games that year. He's kinda fragile, for a running back that has such a reputation for being a bruiser. He tweaked a knee, early in the Big10 schedule & sat out a couple of games. Then, he got that stinger in his shoulder, which had him sit out the remainder of the Big 10 schedule,,, save the Michigan game.

It was brutally obvious he was not even close to 100% in that game. Even after a month of rest, he was still favoring it in the Fiesta Bowl victory...

IMHO, any NFL team would be foolish to take him before the 4th round. He's been off the field, he's NOT going to be in game shape, AND, he's a whiner.

OSU fans had high expectations when he started school early, so he'd be able to start working out w/ the team before summer two-a-days. We ALL thought, wow, what a great kid... Boy, were we wrong.

8. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Mark this prediction for future reference:

Maurice Clarett will not go in the early rounds of the NFL draft, will not be a force to be reckoned with and will be injured most of the time. Those shoulder stingers are recurring injuries, much more likely to suffer them again in the future once you've had them. The kid is fragile - both his physicality and his personality are damaged goods.

I have an OSU "Clarett" jersey. I have a nice piece of duct tape over his name which has "MORON" written on it. I love wearing it to buckeye events . . . always gets a few kudo's, and has even gotten a few free drinks handed to me by total strangers.

9. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    WTG STEELERS!!! :hyper: :hyper:

sorry, I couldn't resist :p

10. last week on espn.com, there was a feature article entitled "if only" describing how "if only michigan had beat notre dame, they'd be playing for a nat'l championship...."

that was immediately following michigan state's stunning collapse in ann arbor. i'm a michigan state graduate and fan, so it was particularly poignant to me. if only michigan state hadn't choked. if only we'd won the games we should've. we'd be playing for a national title. any major team would, if only. if only my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. the stones it must take to write an article like that.

any time UM loses, i'm a happy guy. i went to MSU, and i grew up in an OSU house (both parents have bachelor's and master's degrees from OSU). it was great to watch OSU beat a heavily favored UM team in the 'shoe. let's hope next year MSU can beat them at home and OSU can win on the road.

go bucks! muck fichigan!

robb.

11. Who cares about the OSU buckeyes?! OSU Beavers won over the U of O Ducks in our Civil War game Saturday!! I won $125 in bets.:D

Rock on
    Eric

12. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    NICE! Well, you've gotta do SOMETHING to make that Jersey usable, right?

Ya bastid, take away that lone interception thrown by Palmer, & you'd be signing the blues... Guess I'm signing up for the "If only" campaign w/ rcz.

13. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio

It's all right - someone has to lose...
    :) :)

14. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I guess I should take solace in the fact, that the Bengals have come closest thus far...

15. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Very true. The Bengals had me worried for a second. The Steelers offensive line was terrible yesterday. Big Ben didn't have a chance to do anything. But then again, the Steelers' defense made up for it. Defense won that game.

The offensive team is going to get a work out this week in practice I bet...

(BTW: I'm from Ohio, but I just can't deny the Steelers - I never have been able to... - Plus the Browns suck!)

16. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    Sorry for bringing up the rear, must have missed this before..

GO BUCKS!!!!!!
    (a transplanted ohioan here)

But.. The best game of the week goes to my alma mater, my truest of true football loves....

TOLEDO!!!!!! down 27-7 at halftime to our hated nemesis Bowling Green, we put up 35 in the 3rd quarter en route to winning the MAC West division 49-41... Bruce Almighty strikes again!

MAC Championship game 12/2, 7:30, ESPN (not to pimp anything)..
    Bowl bid TBA :-D

GO ROCKETS!

17. wow. another rockets fan around here. my brother is an alumnus, so i've been a big fan for several years. it was a great game to watch as a UT fan.

hopefully we'll see a UT-MSU motor city bowl and i'll be i d-town on the 27th of december. that's provided the spartans can beat the rainbow warriors on saturday.

of course, if UT loses the MAC and gets invited to the GMAC bowl -- three hours from here in mobile, AL -- i won't be able to go because i'll be back home in michigan.

robb.

18. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The Wolverines never miss a chance to lack passion for a game they should win.

Good job Buckeyes, you kicked Michigan where they needed it most.