1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WTH happens to my octaver???????

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by vene-nemesis, Sep 20, 2008.

1. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    I have this korg bass ampworks i use to fiddle around, i am not into fx too much, but i like it to get different tones...

The problem is that the octaver does a weird thing, somehow when i let the notes ring (no matter the note high or low) they ring with the octave on, then after a little while lets say 2-3 seconds the octave goes of for a second and then comes back. Have you got any idea on whats up with this??????

2. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Sounds like a tracking issue, which, is fairly common in these types of FX. Try putting a mild boost in front of it and see what happens.

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Every octaver is dependent on getting an input signal that is sufficiently strong and unwavering. When your note dies out, it drops in level and usually wavers in pitch.

4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Hmmm what sort of mild boost?

5. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Well, like Bongo says, what ever makes you signal more intense.

For example, when my band plays at lower volumes, I turn on my fuzz unit(with lower fuzz) to feed my synth pedal a 'louder' signal. So anything from a booster to a gain pedal.

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    [QUOTE="engineer in progress";6293030]anything from a booster to a gain pedal.[/QUOTE]

^^^^ ;) :D