1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WTH is this Fender stacked 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chuck norriss, Jun 2, 2014.

1. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
  2. Those are PA speakers , pretty common.

3. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    oh ok not a bass rig then

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Nope. Back in the 60's and 70's, small PA systems were usually long columns a la the Shure Vocalmasters:

image.

They weren't high power or high bass output, but they did sound quite good for vocals. Then for some strange reason, PA makers abandoned the whole vertical thing in the 70's and went horizontal. A very bad idea because everything that was known about PA now was known years and years ago but everyone got the idea that horizontal PA's were better because of the underperforming of the column cabs of the day. Thank God they fixed it. Concert sound is so much better now with line arrays, as long as the soundman keeps his itchy trigger finger off the sub levels.

okcrum likes this.
  5. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    I just saw bass stacked 410 and got all excited.

6. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Shoot, for a buck eighty (a buck fifty? less?) pick them up & give'em a try. Then report back. How far wrong can you go? They might work fine. They sure look great! Probably don't want to drive them too hard, though ;) .

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  7. ReidK

ReidK Jst sy n t lsy cmprsn. Supporting Member

You don't want those. Don't you know that anything with a badge that says "Fender Solid State" will suck all the mojo out of the room?

Edit: Before another humorless dweeb "corrects" me, I know that "Solid State" refers to the amp these originally came with and not the speakers themselves. (Of course, strictly speaking, they are solid state. I mean, they're not liquid or gas, are they? :))

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  8. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    :D