Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WTS: G&L "Leo era" SB-1....

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Spiritfield, May 16, 2004.

1. Spiritfield

Spiritfield Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Jawja
    This is an Early SB-1 w/ MFD split pickup in the classic Fender "P" spot. Black finish with a bit of "Mojo" (2 small chips on lower horn tip, small rub mark through finish at the forearm cutaway, and 1 small chip on the rear bottom of the bass body). The rest of the bass looks great! No buckle rash, the single ply black pickguard is intact and NO cracks at the output jack area (as is SO common). Maple neck, old school headstock, has the "by Leo Fender" on the headstock, and the gold foil G&L "Leo" sticker is intact on the neckplate. Black crinkle bridge, and correct radio style knobs. Serial# is B016200. Not sure of the body material, but it has a bit of heft to it. Not uncomfortable at all, but it's not a lightweight basswood or alder body if that's what you are into (I'm not, by the way). Itis heavier than my alder bodied '72 P bass, but much lighter than my 2000 G&L ash bodied L-2000.

It has a monster tone. I've been gigging it pretty regularly but it has always been babied. Hard times and recent purchases force the sale that I had vowed would not happen

Comes with a G&L molded plastic case in good condition; one of the feet is "pushed in", but it is fully functional and even comes with the key!

$425 shipped in the lower 48. **SOLD**
    M.O. preferred, will accept PayPal + 3%
    Thanks for looking,
    David

email= david at spirit-field.com (replace "at" with @)
    Check my e-bay feedback= dkmustangs