WTT: 1993 MIA Fender "Boner" Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by scootron, Feb 17, 2010.

1. scootron

scootron

Jul 17, 2007
    Moved to Texas
    I have two MIA Jazz basses, and I miss my old P bass.

I'm looking to trade a '93 MIA Jazz. This is the famed "boner" bass, with the extended upper bout and the deeper cut lower bout.

Fender made these from '89 to '93, and there is no question they were much better than the years before them and much better than the years after them.

22 fret neck, and plays like a dream. Shows some honest player wear.

The previous owner added top of the line EMG active pups. I didn't really like the sound, so I modded the wiring to 18 volts. Wow! The difference was like night and day. Great tone, tons of headroom. Tremendous improvement.

I had the frets dressed. Since it is a player (instead of a museum piece), I added a battery holder to the back. The main reason was that the control cavity simply didn't have room for two 9 volt batteries, and they kept interfering with the wiring.

The only other thing I did was to replace the bridge with a later model Fender bridge. The reason was that the original bridges are just a tad wide, and can cause issues with the G string.

If anyone is potentially interested I will upload photos. What I am looking for is a MIA P Bass of similar quality and value.

I have started to do this on six other occasions, and talked myself out of it every time. I swear I'll go through with it this time. (I'm almost certain.)

I would also consider a really nice combo or mini-head, plus or minus cash depending upon the situation.

Thanks!

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021