Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WTT: A Sadowsky for a Sadowsky

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by ElMon, Jul 21, 2005.

1. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Hello all. I am looking to trade my MV5 in 59 burst to someone who has an RV5, preferably in all white with a tort shell pickguard. VTC is a must, as mine has it. If your looking for that ash/maple thang, here's your bass. Trades only please, and only sadowsky. Send your email address for picks, as my file limit is such that I can't post any of my pics.

2. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    bump

3. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Is there really no one out there who might have bought an RV5 and wish instead that they picked up an MV5? Think about it, I get my 60's jazz tone, and you can fast forward to the 70's tone. Its perfect. I'll even pay shipping. Mine has the vintage tone control by the way, and is in mint condition.
    If you had an RV5 in all white, that would be almost too much for me and I would faint from the joy of it.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO LUST OVER SADOWSKY:

BEWARE, YOU WILL NOT BE CURED OF G.A.S.!!! INSTEAD IT WILL ONLY INCREASE AS YOU HUNGER FOR MORE SADOWSKY BASSES, UNTIL YOU'VE PICKED UP EVERY WOOD COMBO IN EVERY COLOR AND END UP SLEEPING IN YOUR SADOWSKY CHAMBER GUARDED BY UNDERFED ROTWEILERS AND MEANWHILE YOUR SURFING ON TALKBASS AND ARE TELLING PEOPLE HOW MUCH BETTER YOUR BASSES ARE THAN ANYTHING IN EXISTENCE, INCLUDING LEO FENDER HIMSELF!!!!

Fair warning. If I can't trade, I will hold off until I have the cash difference to buy my own white/tortshelled RV5 and sell this spunky MV5 to one of you lonely, lonely souls :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Bummer. All's I've got is a 5-24.

5. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    That was a cheap shot bro. Think of all the GAS ridden wasted shells of former bassists who are destined to covet a Sadowsky but who can only devour each one of yours and my own praises of these perfect bass creations. It makes you Sad. In fact, the first three letters in sadowsky are in fact SAD, as in I'm sad I can't find an RV5 to trade. :hyper: :help:

6. ksukev

ksukev

Aug 24, 2004
    Kansas
    Any pics? I've got a transparent white RV5 with tort pickguard. I'd really have to see how yours plays though. Don't know how we'd work that.

7. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Did you get my PM? I'll gladly send you my pics, hit me with your email address.