1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

WTT: alembic F1-X

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by chunger, Apr 7, 2006.

1. chunger

chunger

Jan 10, 2006
    Albany, CA
    Chunger basses by Studio 939
    ===============SOLD=========SOLD==============SOLD========
    on craigslist. Thanks for looking.

No longer looking for trades. I picked up a used Thunderfunk from TB :hyper: I'm looking to sell an Alembic F1-X. Asking $385.00

This unit was purchased a month ago on Ebay, I've played through it into a mixer, and all seems to be working and sounding great. I sat down with the preamp today and played for a couple of hours fiddling with everything to make sure is was all running. Everything is working great except there is crackling when the volume pot is turned. Not when playing, but as it is being turned. I've dropped the price due to this issue. There are scratches on the front knobs, and the top and bottom of the case are not perfect. That's the full disclosure. I've taken some detailed pictures to try and accurately portray this preamp inside and out.

UPDATE: I wrung this thing out tonight for 3 hours in a band situation at my house connected to Crest LT 1000 (Talkbass purchase) and Acme B2. It's running great and sounding great. Like an F1-X should. The crackling as the volume knob is turned is still present but decreasing. The only reason I'm selling is I inherited a cleaner F1-X from my brother. Don't need 2 of them.

IMG_1843.
    IMG_1842.
    IMG_1841.
    IMG_1840.
    IMG_1839.
    IMG_1838.

2. pm sent

3. chunger

chunger

Jan 10, 2006
    Albany, CA
    Chunger basses by Studio 939