Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WTT:BagEnd Q10X-D for Eden 410XLT/XST

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Tony, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Tony

Tony

Feb 16, 2004
    Southern California
    Want to trade my Q10X-D for an Eden 410, preferrably the XST, but if not, an 8 ohm XLT. I've had the Bag End about 3 months and it just doesn't match up as well as I'd hoped with my XST. The cab is in very good shape, and really sounds great, but just not the sound I need. This is not a 410BX-D, it is the older model which has the same speakers as the BX, but a slightly smaller, more shallow cabinet. See my post below for more complete specs and explanation.

Thanks,
    Tony

2. Tony

Tony

Feb 16, 2004
    Southern California
    An "oh man, I hate to have to sell cabinets on eBay" bump ...

3. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

Tony - I've got an 8ohm D410XLT. Where are you located?

4. Tony

Tony

Feb 16, 2004
    Southern California
    I'm in the Los Angeles area ... I'm looking to just do a straight-up trade, with each of us just paying shipping. My shipping zip would be 92501 if you want to calculate your cost (although it looks like Fedex Ground is about $55, probably about $30 less than UPS would be). Let me know if we can work it out ...
    Thanks
    Tony

5. BIGREDSIX

Tony - One question. The plate on the back of your cab says "Q10x-D". That cab is not listed on the Bag End website. What's the deal?

6. Tony

Tony

Feb 16, 2004
    Southern California
    Okay, called a buddy who's dealt with BagEnd products for a while, and here's what he said. The Q10X-D (which I have), is the original model of what is now the Deep Red series 4x10. It is not a Q10BX-D (really sorry about any misunderstanding, I shoulda checked this out before I posted the cab for trade). Here's the specs of the two cabs from BagEnds site:

Model Q10B-D Q10BX-D
    Impedance 8 Ohms 8 Ohms
    Continuous Sine Wave Power Handling (in Watts) 800 800
    Peak Music Program Power Handling 1600 1600
    Sensitivity (in dBspl)
    1 Watt/1 Meter 103 103
    Frequency Response 40-6kHz 40-20kHz
    Crossover Frequency N/A 3.7kHz
    Parallel Input Connectors P+B P+B+S
    Dimensions
    HxWxD (in inches) 28x22.5x18.5 28x22.5x18.5
    Net Weight
    (in pounds) 90 96
    Components 4, E-10; 3, E-10 1,E-10X

... and here's the specs on the cab I have:
    Bag End Q10X-D

Model: Q10X-D
    Impedance: 8 Ohms
    Continuous Sine Wave Power Handling: 800 W
    Peak Music Program Power Handling: 1600 W
    Sensitivity 1 Watt/1 Meter: 103 dB SPL
    Frequency Response: 50-20kHz
    Crossover Frequency 3.7kHz
    Parallel Input Connectors: 1/4", Banana, and Speakon
    Dimensions HxWxD (in inches): 27x22x12
    Net Weight (in pounds): 92
    Components: 3- E-10, 1-E-10X
    http://www.bagend.com/bagend/legacy.htm#Q10X-D

... so essentially, the cabs use the same drivers (3 E-10's and 1 E-10x) and have the same connections and power ratings (800 W). The difference is the cab I have is slightly smaller, and less deep, which leads to slightly different bottom frequency response - 40hz vs. 50hz. My Bag End guy says that the cab I have, the Q10X has a more present midrange, and slightly less bottom than the Q10BX, which I can verify and is the reason I'm looking to trade.The stuff I'm doing now is tuned down, very aggressive and heavy, and the Q10x isn't really happy in that land - it's very happy when I play my fretless in standard tunings, or play R&B or even classic rock or pop through it. But in the drop tunings, and with the space I have to inhabit (thanks to a guitarist that uses an ancient Rectifyer head through an original Rec 4x12 cab, and also a 5150 through a Bogner 4x12- both at the same time), the Bag End just doesn't like it down there. It's a great cab for a lot of things, but just not what I'm doing ...

So, all that said, I totally apologize again for the confusion caused solely by my post, and of course completely understand if you're no longer interested. Let me know what you're thinking, and we'll go from there ...

thanks, and again, really sorry about the confusion ...
    take care,
    Tony

7. BIGREDSIX

Tony - I didn't mean to infer that your ad was misleading or anything less than straight up, so sorry if you took my query that way. I'm going to have to take a pass though because I use 5 and 6 string instruments and would prefer the newer, deeper cab and the enhanced bottom end it provides. I also don't want to shell out any dough in a transaction if I don't have to. Anyway, thanks for your clarification and taking the time to answer my questions. Good luck! :bassist:

Tom

8. Tony

Tony

Feb 16, 2004
    Southern California
    Thanks Tom,
    I appreciate the reply, and your understanding. Good luck on finding the right cab,
    Take care,
    Tony