1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WTT: Daion Power Mark XX-B

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dec1975, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Dec1975

Dec1975

Aug 30, 2006
    Cedar Park, TX
    Daion Power Mark XX-B

Made in Japan, late seventies to early eighties.

The good:
    Transparent Green
    neck-through design
    brass bridge
    brass but
    string-through bridge
    Quarterpounder pickups (not original)
    Brass dot inlays on fretboard
    wood knobs (not original- if I find the originals, I'll send them to you free of charge)
    Refretted back in 2000, only about 10 hours of play since then

The bad:
    It has its fair share of dings for being 30 years-old. This includes some gouges in the top, and an eraser-sized ding on the back of the neck at the 5th fret. I've tried to get pictures of the worst offenders.
    Not the original hardshell case. This case came from my old '81 Fender P. The case has a loose center latch. If you'd prefer, I probably have a Fender gig bag.
    The original saddle spring is missing from the 1st string
    Not wired to the original specs. I believe that it is wired like a Jazz bass- Vol, Vol, Tone. The switch currently does nothing.
    Needs a setup. The action is pretty low by my standards.

So with a little work (re-wiring the pickups with the switch, setting up) this bass would be pretty awesome.

By the way, if you have Kelley Blue Book for Guitars from around 1998-2000, this is the Daion bass pictured therein. I originally purchased the bass at the Arlington, TX Guitar show back in 1998 (possibly 1997...who can remember?). KBB was there, and asked if the could take pictures of it, and asked what I paid for it.

Trades I'm interested in:
    Fender Precision (just not red, clear, or blue colors).
    Fender Jazz in Olympic White
    Something with a MM pickup?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2046735/IMG_20111206_142015
    .jpg

2. leo1416

leo1416