Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WTT: DiMarzio Ultra Jazz 5 pickups for your 4-string Jazz p'ups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Strings and Accessories' started by SuperDuck, Nov 1, 2005.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Okay, here's the deal:

I bought these pickups, used, from Bass Kahuna very recently. I had ordered an Essex five-string jazz and bought these actually before I even got the bass, with the thought of dropping them in and having a pretty sweet cheap bass.

Now that I have the bass, though, I feel pretty good with the stock tone, and don't really want to dump a lot of money in it. At the same time, I'm buying a sweet 4-string jazz body that will become a project bass that I've wanted to do for a while.

So, these pickups are unused by me, never installed. Great shape. I bought them on an impulse, don't need them, and would like to trade them for pickups for a more pertinent project I'll be working on.

I'm looking to trade them for four-string jazz bass pickups only. Let me know what you've got - I'm open to a whole lot of suggestions. I plan on going through several pickup sets with this new bass. I'm looking for a straight trade for used pickups, though if the relative cost is high or low either way, we can include a small amount of cash to compensate. These retail new for $110 a set.

I've never traded anything online, only bought and sold. So, if you're interested, please be ready to supply feedback from previous transactions. My feedback thread is here.

2. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

i got some dm uj 4strings if you want. cash only though. pm me an offer.

3. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
  4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    These pickups are gone!