Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WTT Gibson Les Paul Signature Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by KUNGfuSHERIFF, May 29, 2004.

1. Looking to trade my Gibson for an Earthwood, Taylor or Guild B-30 acoustic bass guitar.
    This is the true Jack Casady bass the Epiphone reissue is based upon. It's a player's bass, and if it could talk, O the stories it could tell.
    Unfortunately, some of those stories would be of pain and shame--it has finish wear and the stock electronics have been pulled and replaced with DiMarzio Model One, volume and tone pots and a coil-split switch. The top has been routed to fit the new pickup. Play it as-is or restore it...Jack Casady electronics are available through Gibson/Epi dealers. The bass also has an Epi three-point bridge, and has been drilled for a Badass (three screws).
    That said, the bass got played because it plays and sounds great. When it had roundwound strings on it, it sounded like a fat and angry P-bass. With the TI Jazz Flats it now wears, a convincing acoustic upright similation is easy.
    It was also signed by Bo Diddley last summer. I told The Man I wasn't going to sell it, so I guess this ad makes a liar out of me. Sorry, Bo. Comes in a mint Epi Jack Casady hardshell, and I'll be able to provide pics to seriously interested parties.
    Willing to do a straight-up trade for any one of the above-mentioned basses, or may sell for the highest cash offer to pay for an ABG. Near Albany, NY. eBay ID is kungfusheriff. PM me with questions.

2. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
  3. Have pics. Will sell, reluctantly, for $700 shipped in continental USA. Looks like the ABG thing's gonna have to wait a while...