WTT Gibson Les Paul Signature Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by KUNGfuSHERIFF, May 29, 2004.

1. Looking to trade my Gibson for an Earthwood, Taylor or Guild B-30 acoustic bass guitar.
    This is the true Jack Casady bass the Epiphone reissue is based upon. It's a player's bass, and if it could talk, O the stories it could tell.
    Unfortunately, some of those stories would be of pain and shame--it has finish wear and the stock electronics have been pulled and replaced with DiMarzio Model One, volume and tone pots and a coil-split switch. The top has been routed to fit the new pickup. Play it as-is or restore it...Jack Casady electronics are available through Gibson/Epi dealers. The bass also has an Epi three-point bridge, and has been drilled for a Badass (three screws).
    That said, the bass got played because it plays and sounds great. When it had roundwound strings on it, it sounded like a fat and angry P-bass. With the TI Jazz Flats it now wears, a convincing acoustic upright similation is easy.
    It was also signed by Bo Diddley last summer. I told The Man I wasn't going to sell it, so I guess this ad makes a liar out of me. Sorry, Bo. Comes in a mint Epi Jack Casady hardshell, and I'll be able to provide pics to seriously interested parties.
    Willing to do a straight-up trade for any one of the above-mentioned basses, or may sell for the highest cash offer to pay for an ABG. Near Albany, NY. eBay ID is kungfusheriff. PM me with questions.
  2. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
  3. Have pics. Will sell, reluctantly, for $700 shipped in continental USA. Looks like the ABG thing's gonna have to wait a while...