1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

WTT - Loads of stuff for Jazz Bass Fretless Neck and Parts.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Mo'Phat, May 6, 2005.

1. Hey all, I just decided to take on a frankenbass project. I have acquired a Geddy body and Pups from a fellow TB-er, but I'll need everything else. I'm looking to trade whatever I have for whatever you might have.

ADDITION: Willing to BUY any and all of the following, so hit me with a price.

It would be awesome to get the following:

'Licensed by Fender' Jazz Fretless neck with NO lines (just side dots) and nut. Allparts/Warmoth/Fender/ or MOSES/Status - I'm cool with graphite. I prefer oddball woods, but will take a standard maple and rosewood if that's whats available. I'll love you if you have a Wenge neck, or a cool Birdseye. Doesn't have to have a Fender-style headstock, but will want to see pics of anything that isn't. No MIM or MIK necks. Only MIJ or MIA, if made by Fender.

Hipshot De-Tuner in the Schaller BML Chrome style

What I've got to trade: (all value will be pretty much equivalent to what you'd find on Prepal.com or completed EBay transactions)

Digital Music Corp Ground Control Midi Controller
    Dunlop 105Q Crybaby Wah
    Electro Harmonix Q-Tron (no box..sorry)
    Electro Harmonix BassBalls (think I've got the box)
    Digitech BSW Bass Synth Wah
    Boss LMB-3 Bass Limiter/Enhancer
    Presonus Comp16 1/3 rackspace Compressor

- I don't have any pictures as of yet, but have a camera. If there's interest, I'll snap a few and post them up.

If I remember anything, I'll be updating the list.

Thanks everybody.

2. mattm0805

mattm0805

Oct 13, 2004
    PM'ed ya!

3. Bump...I'm willing to also buy any of the parts for a reasonable price!

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
  5. cb56 - Sorry, if they are SX parts, I'm not interested.

6. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
  7. Planet Boulder - I just made a deal with a guy for a control plate, and prefer passives. Thanks anyway!

Looks like this project is turning into a Geddy Restoration instead of a Frankenjazz project. Decided to go with Chrome hardware, so all of the above stuff is still needed...neck plate, string retainer, Black Pearl or White Pearl pickguard that fits a MIJ Jazz, Badass II bridge, miscellaneous screws.

Also...I'd like a Hipshot De-Tuner that matches a Schaller BML style tuner. Anybody got one?