Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WTT - Loads of stuff for Jazz Bass Fretless Neck and Parts.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Mo'Phat, May 6, 2005.

1. Hey all, I just decided to take on a frankenbass project. I have acquired a Geddy body and Pups from a fellow TB-er, but I'll need everything else. I'm looking to trade whatever I have for whatever you might have.

ADDITION: Willing to BUY any and all of the following, so hit me with a price.

It would be awesome to get the following:

'Licensed by Fender' Jazz Fretless neck with NO lines (just side dots) and nut. Allparts/Warmoth/Fender/ or MOSES/Status - I'm cool with graphite. I prefer oddball woods, but will take a standard maple and rosewood if that's whats available. I'll love you if you have a Wenge neck, or a cool Birdseye. Doesn't have to have a Fender-style headstock, but will want to see pics of anything that isn't. No MIM or MIK necks. Only MIJ or MIA, if made by Fender.

Hipshot De-Tuner in the Schaller BML Chrome style

What I've got to trade: (all value will be pretty much equivalent to what you'd find on Prepal.com or completed EBay transactions)

Digital Music Corp Ground Control Midi Controller
    Dunlop 105Q Crybaby Wah
    Electro Harmonix Q-Tron (no box..sorry)
    Electro Harmonix BassBalls (think I've got the box)
    Digitech BSW Bass Synth Wah
    Boss LMB-3 Bass Limiter/Enhancer
    Presonus Comp16 1/3 rackspace Compressor

- I don't have any pictures as of yet, but have a camera. If there's interest, I'll snap a few and post them up.

If I remember anything, I'll be updating the list.

Thanks everybody.

2. mattm0805

mattm0805

Oct 13, 2004
  3. Bump...I'm willing to also buy any of the parts for a reasonable price!

4. cb56 - Sorry, if they are SX parts, I'm not interested.

5. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
  6. Planet Boulder - I just made a deal with a guy for a control plate, and prefer passives. Thanks anyway!

Looks like this project is turning into a Geddy Restoration instead of a Frankenjazz project. Decided to go with Chrome hardware, so all of the above stuff is still needed...neck plate, string retainer, Black Pearl or White Pearl pickguard that fits a MIJ Jazz, Badass II bridge, miscellaneous screws.

Also...I'd like a Hipshot De-Tuner that matches a Schaller BML style tuner. Anybody got one?