1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WTT: My rare White Bongo 4HH for your Bongo 4H or 4Hp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Deaj, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Deaj

Deaj

Aug 15, 2004
    Kingston, WA
    I have a rare White Bongo 4HH (only 20 or so were made) in excellent condition up for trade. It has a very small chip at the tip of the headstock that has been touched up with white paint (I'll try again to get a pic of this chip). There are no other blemishes.It has Dunlop straplocks installed and it's strung with D'addario Chromes. This is one of two white Bongo's known to have left the factory wearing a Limited Edition neck plate and serial number (reportedly the neck plates got mixed up at one point). I don't know that it matters but it's an interesting detail. The factory case shows almost no wear at all - looks practically new. Pictures of the bass posted below.

I currently own two Bongos in 4HH configuration and I want to trade one for a different pickup config. Here are the Bongo's I'm interested in considering for trade: 4H or 4Hp

I might also consider trading for five string Bongo's in these configs. As I'm primarily looking to add some versatility I'll also consider other single H or Hp EBMM's though Bongo's are at the top of my list. Send me a trade offer and we'll talk. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. If this is so rare, why do want to trade it for a run-of-mill Bongo 4H?

3. Deaj

Deaj

Aug 15, 2004
    Kingston, WA
    Well, when I bought it new from Bass Central in 2004 it was just another available color. EBMM didn't like the body/neck color match (Bongo's have a satin finish on the neck/headstock) and so they quickly discontinued it. I'm not your collector type and no longer gig so finish/color isn't a major factor for me when selecting an instrument. I own two of these basses in 4HH configuration (see last photo) and like both equally. I've been using one with flatwounds and one with roundwounds for a few years and have lost interest in flats altogether at this point making these two basses completely redundant for me. A 4H will provide me with some added versatility. Given that Egyptian Smoke is a currently available EBMM finish the White bass is likely to draw more attention for trades or bring more in a sale.

4. Deaj

Deaj

Aug 15, 2004
    Kingston, WA
    BTT

5. Deaj

Deaj

Aug 15, 2004
    Kingston, WA
    Sunday bump :)

6. Deaj

Deaj