WTT: My Reverend Brad Houser 5 for Your Bongo 4 HH

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by JessRobinson, Aug 1, 2005.

1. JessRobinson

Dec 29, 2004
    Fairfax, VA
    I recently picked up this terrific bass as my first 5-er and after a short period of playing it I realize that I prefer 4-string basses. My feeble brain is befuddled by the low B; my hands cannot adjust to the width of a 5-er neck. I suppose I’m a 4-stringer for life.

So anyway here it is, a near-mint Brad Houser 5, the top of the line of the discontinued stable of Reverend basses. Reverend basses are pretty hard to find these days, and I think the Brad Houser is the rarest of the species. To the specs:

+ Extremely funky Lava Swirl finish
    + Two double-J humbucker pickups
    + 3-position voicing switch (parallel, single coil, series) for each pickup – lots of tonal options!
    + Volume for each pickup
    + Master tone control
    + Hipshot bridge
    + Neck width: 1 7/8" @ nut, 3" @ 22nd fret
    + Co-designed with Brad Houser (Critters Buggin’, New Bohemians)
    + Approx. 9 lbs.
    + Excellent condition – no noticeable scratches, dings, etc.
    + Includes hard-shell Reverend B&W teardrop case – also in excellent condition

I hate to sell off any of my wonderful Reverend equipment (I’m keeping my Rumblefish XL and Slingshot), but this great axe would languish in the corner due to my ineptitude on 5-bangers.

I’m looking to trade the BH5 for an EB Musicman Bongo 4-string, preferably with two humbuckers. I’ve played a few in some local shops and simply love ‘em.

I may also entertain offers of cash, but would prefer a straight-up trade for a Bongo 4.

I’ll post some pictures when I get home tonight, can send some via email as well.

2. JessRobinson

Dec 29, 2004
    Fairfax, VA
    More available via email upon request...

Attached Files: