Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WTT or sell: 5 string R Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by RS, Nov 29, 2004.

1. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Wanted to Sell or Trade: 5 string R bass. 3 piece maple, bolt on neck with front and back zebra wood headstock veneers. Thick Brazilian fingerboard and matching small wooden pickguard. Figured maple/alder center block with zebra wood and alder wings. Haz-Lab 3 band eq, active/passive switch. mute switch. Soapbar Lane Poor pups! Gig bag included. 8/10 condition- some dings and the bottom edge but overall very nice looking.

The tone of this bass is very warm and deep, but not muddy. It has a complex and woody sound that reminds me of an Anthony Jackson like finger tone. With the back pickup soloed and playing by the bridge, it yields a very nice deep stingray/jaco-ish tone.
    The electronics and woodwork on this bass are exceptional.

I really like this bass but the string spacing is a little narrow for my slap playing. Will sell for $1600 and shipping or will trade for the following fretted basses(plus cash where appropriate): Brubaker 5, Celinder jazz 4 or 5, Dingwall 5, Elrick bolt-on 5, Turner/Electroline 5, Wal 4, MPG 5, Fender Roscoe Beck 4 or 5, Reverend Rumblefish 5, Sadowsky 5, or an R bass with wider spacing.

Serious inquiries only, references available.

2. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Not considering a turner 4?

3. josh66

josh66

Nov 23, 2001
    Stanford CA
    some pics would be cool. or PM them to me.
    thnka. josh

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    They uh, don't work :p

Ray

5. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    How about a flamed Koa Modulus/Warmoth jazz bass 4 with EMG jazz pickups and three band preamp?

6. josh66

josh66

Nov 23, 2001
    Stanford CA
    hi
    cant seem to access the pics - i think you need to make the page share-able or something
    josh

7. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH