1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD WTT/S USA Peavey Foundation 5 w/ Super Ferrites

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Balog, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Mukilteo, WA
    Up for (primarily) trade, is a black Peavey Foundation 5 string with the legendary Super Ferrite pickups, made right here in the good ole USA. My first bass, and a good example of the breed. Not flashy or glamorous, but a solid player. Some dents and buckle rash, missing a knob, and scratchy pot or two. All it really needs is a decent setup and maybe soime De-Oxit. So why haven't I done that? Honestly, I just don't really like the darn thing much.

I really love the idea of it, I love the looks, it sounds good when other people play it, and of course it's both my first bass and the result of my near OCD research into "best quality per dollar spent." I really want to love it. For a long time I managed to convince myself I did. But it doesn't sit well on my body, the neck is too wide for my hands, the action is high (I realize this could be rectified by a skilled luthier, but I've had several experienced people play with it and it's just not where I want it), and I just don't enjoy playing it. It makes me not want to practice, and get frustrated when I do. The last straw came as a result of my side gig flipping cheap gear on Craig's List. I played around with a little Ibanez 590 and I just enjoyed it so much more than I ever have with this bass.

So, what so I want? At this point I don't really care. Active or passive; 4 or 5 string; J, P, P/J, soapbar; I don't really care. I just want something that feels good and sounds good for me, something that renews my love for this instrument and makes me actually want to plug into the nice system I've spent so damn much money on.

Ideally someone local (Seattle ish area, although I can get to pretty much anywhere on the wet side of the mountains) has a nice, well setup little bass they just don't like, and want to swap for this bad boy. I'm also open to cash offers, and possibly shipping. Pics to come tonight.

2. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Mukilteo, WA
    Pics!

efkpqo.

r1dhtj.

5vq2dy.

3. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Mukilteo, WA
    Back up, still wide open to offers.

4. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Mukilteo, WA
    Bumpity bump...

5. PMd

6. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Mukilteo, WA
    Traded to onetimeoneplace will lock when the trade piece arrives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.