Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WTT: Smith BSR5M w/OBP-3 for Dingwall ABII

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Tony, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Tony

Tony

Feb 16, 2004
    Southern California
    Looking to trade my Ken Smith BSR5M (5-string bolt-on, Chuck Rainey model) for a Dingwall ABII. Not interested in any other trades, but could be lured for enough cash to sell outright. The bass is in very good shape (neck is excellent) with some normal wood dings in the back. Only real "damage" is where my right hand thumb rests against the B-string/neck pickup - the wood is worn there, but that's about it. I had a ton of problems with the original Smith preamp, but recently installed an Aguilar OBP-3 preamp (V-V-T-B-M w/mid-select switch) and it sounds frickin' great. Unfortunately, just not the right sound for my current project. I can email pics if interested ...

Thanks,

Tony

2. Tony

Tony

Feb 16, 2004
    Southern California
    An "I've decided to further expand my options and so will also consider a 5 string fretless in trade ..." bump. Would be most interested in a Warwick Thumb 5, but any deep, dark sounding fretless comparable to the above would be intriguing. Must be 35" or longer scale ...

Thanks,

Tony

3. Tony

Tony

Feb 16, 2004
    Southern California
    A "last chance 'till eBay" bump ...

4. Tony

Tony

Feb 16, 2004
    Southern California
    An "okay, I kinda lied about the 'last before eBay' bump 'cuz maybe pictures might help" bump ...
    Tony