1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WTT: Various 5 String Sets for 35" Nickels

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Zooberwerx, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks to a miscalculation on my part, I have boatloads of 34" and 35" (some do double duty) sets and in need of 35" nickels for a new acquisition. DR Low Riders and Sunbeams have been suggested but I'm open to any offerings. Here's what I have in stock:

(2) Smith Taper-Cores (44-125, 44-130)

(3) Sadowsky Bright Nickels (45-130, Black and Blue)

(4) DR High Beams (45-125)

(1) DR Red Devils (45-125)

Let me know if you have anything of interest and, as always, thanks for looking.

Riis

2. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    I have an almost new set of Ken Smith Burners(nickel) 45-130t that is on my Spector Euro5(not my main bass)
    35" scale.

Questions....on the Sadowsky's:
    Which are brighter.....Black or Blue?
    And are the B tapered?
    Question on the Red Devils:
    How's the tone on them?
    Thanks..let me know.

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Really looking for NIB, but I'm funny that way. On to the other questions:

The Sadowsky sets have a tapered B. Not sure if either is brighter...certainly worthy of a search in the Strings forum, though.

I have a skewed view on the Red Devils. They're a bit smoother than the Hi Beams to my ears but I have set installed on my Modulus Gen 5 which imparts its own character...hard to judge. They look like poop-on-a-white-horse IMO.

Riis

4. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    Ok...cool no problem and thanks for the info.