WTT: Working Fender Rhodes for Dingwall Afterburner 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Rando McNally, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Rando McNally

Rando McNally

May 21, 2008
    I picked up a fairly trashed 1973 Fender Rhodes Suitcase 73 electric piano. I've spent some serious time fixing it up, and it plays like a dream now. I love the thing, I really do, but now that I've learned how to fix 'em, I figured maybe I'd get another and fix that one up too.

This is still a work in progress. I've adjusted the bushings in each key, cleaned the heck out of it, and gotten the action back into working condition.

This Rhodes is still a work in progress. I need to repair the case, replace most of the damper felts, swap out one or two pickups, lubricate and tune. Then I'll redo the tolex, probably in red.

This thing has no sentimental value for me at all. I just got it, and I've been working on it, but now I'm just as excited about fixing them up as playing them.

SO, if you want a slice of history, lemme know.

I want a Dingwall Afterburner 5, or perhaps a Quake Knuckle Bass.

No pix just yet. The thing is too ugly right now, and I'm not gonna work on the aesthetics until the guts are just right. Perhaps I'll get around to posting some clips soon though, cos aside from some slow dampening, it sounds spectacular!

Alright Quakes and Dingwalls, hit me!!!

I might consider some other trades, but not likely.

2. Rando McNally

Rando McNally

May 21, 2008
    BUMPERS!!!

3. Hyperfreak

Hyperfreak

Jul 29, 2009
    Chantilly, VA
    Independent Recording Artist
    With all due respect, you might get the attention for which you're looking by posting, or at least cross-posting in the non-bass classifieds. I've seen lots of misc. for bass trades in there.

In other news, bump for a beautiful variety of instrument. Best of luck.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021